Friday, April 04, 2008

in times like these, i turn to kyle farnsworth for comfort. fortunately, he usually delivers.

Ugh. What a terrible game. Terrible bullpen effort, terrible fielding, (mostly) terrible offense. The most terrible part, though, was the realization that the 437 times the Sox play the Jays this year are going to be nine innings of David Eckstein ball-washing. I seriously think I'm going to develop an allergic reaction to hearing David Eckstein's name. And, even worse, the Dustin Pedroia/David Eckstein contrast and compare! As they say in catmacroese: do not want.

Furthermore, I see what you did there, JD Drew. Put together a couple consecutive games and we'll talk. As it stands, I'm committed to not calling you "Nancy" 83% of the time.

4 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger The McConkey's said...

I'm looking for Papelbon pics. Especially any goofy ones. Like he's ever goofy right. But I can't seem to find any of him covering his ears in the bullpen. Have any?

 
At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name of affection for Drew is JK. I'll believe he's for real at the end of the season......maybe.

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger always thinking about papelbon said...

Anonymous, you are very, very, very wise.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Kristen said...

Maybe he just figures that in comparison to Julio Lugo...?

/headdesk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home