was blind but now i see5 things I learned while watching NESN's 45 Days of Spring Training programming last night:
1. Papelbon, when asked about the subluxation (in a live interview! with Tom Caron), said that "God made [him] a little more loose-jointed than other people." Also made reference to "grueling" off-season shoulder regimen, hopefully that meant "lots of one-handed light saber duels."
2. So I guess there are a lot of Japanese reporters in Ft. Myers this season? Not sure why, though.
3. Beckett, when asked to give Matsuzaka one piece of advice, looked into the camera with the eyes of a man who has been humming once was lost / but now i'm found under his breath a lot recently and said that the most important piece of advice he could give him was "trust Tek." He went on to say that (mumble mumble) last year he came in as the new guy (mumble mumble) had a certain way he liked to do things (mumble mumble) should just trust Tek (mumble mumble) he knows best. Glad to see Dave Matthew Band's biggest fan has learned his lesson.
4. Tina Cervasio's cavernous maw seems to have gotten even larger during the off-season. Maybe she's injecting it with Human Growth Hormone?
5. So there are all these reporters there? And, it's the weirdest thing; they're all from ... Japan.