my dad sent me an e-mail saying he thinks schill is a jerk, so you know things have gotten serious.5 things while I carefully arrange these chicken entrails to ensure that the curse of no run support is truly gone from this place
1. Last night, ho hum. We got to see what it's like when Dice-K doesn't have a one-inning nervous breakdown, and it turns out that he's ... good? (Sorry, much like Soxaholix, I have entered hot streak jinx precaution mode.)
2. To my knowledge, the Mr. and Mrs. Papelbon Sox Appeal teaser aired exactly twice (once each during the first two games of the season, never to be seen again). But now it's finally up on the website (click on the video link in the left-hand sidebar). Great commercial or greatest commercial? Why is this not in the NESN commercial rotation like a Jordan's Furniture ad? Is it because Paps' two-point plan to make chicks dig you (1. get tipsy 2. refuse to leave) was deemed not suitable for all-ages viewing?
3. I'm really bummed to hear that Dave Roberts may have to have elbow surgery, which would keep him out of commission for four weeks and possibly jeopardize his glorious return to Fenway for the Giants series on June 15-17. Because, seriously, enough talking about whether Barry Bonds could possibly
4. Manny and the Graven Face of Mike Lowell have currently hit the exact same number (6) of home runs on the season.
5. Last night, I got into an actual, resulted-in-hurt-feelings argument with a friend of a friend who was trying to claim that Huston Street was a better pitcher than Jonathan Papelbon, and that it wasn't fair that people paid more attention to Papelbon because his team manufactured more save opportunities, and I was like, it's true, saves are an inherently non-comparable statistic, so let's compare their BAA,WHIP and ERA, shall we? And it turns out that Paps is pitching better in all those categories and, really, that's not the point. The point is that I'm a fucking irrational crazy person who shouldn't be let out of the house. And how many ducks did Huston Street shoot last winter, anyway?