Friday, August 31, 2007

the calendar hung itself

Okay, I admit it. I am nervous. I am on the proverbial ledge. That sweep at the hands of the Yankees bad touched me.

And if you, my best beloved Red Sox blogging comrades, if you should happen to find yourself feeling the same way, I can offer you one small piece of advice: go read the post you made on this exact day last year.

August 31, 2006: Well, it's reached a point where even fielding a nine-man roster every game is a moral victory.

This post mentions the then-just-recently circulating rumor that Jon Lester had cancer, commemorates the desperation that led to moving Batshit Tavarez to the starting rotation and name-checks the continued existence of Rudy Seanez.

(And if that's not enough, read the post you made the day our starting lineup was:

Coco Crisp (CF)
Alex Cora (SS)
Kevin Youkilis (LF) (!!!!) (#$&$*##@)
The Historic Second Half Swoon of Mike Lowell (3B)
Eric Hinske (RF)
Javy Lopez (C)
Carlos Pena (1B)
Dustin Pedroia When He Still Sucked (2B)

According to our recap, the most exciting thing that happened was watching Manny sitting in the dugout and laboring over eating a piece of gum.)

Crawling out of the Bronx clinging to a five-game lead has to be better than that, right? Right?

3 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger k said...

Stupid Yankees stupid lost to the Devil Rays. That's the light in my morning, frankly.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Wade said...

That lineup from last year is almost as bad as the Orioles.

 
At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there!
I would like to burn a theme at here. There is such a thing, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of financial piramyde, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

For quite a long time, I earn money with the help of these programs.
I don't have problems with money now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only.
Right now, I'm very close at catching at last a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Turn to my blog to get additional info.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home