Monday, November 12, 2007

don't think i didn't see you running up the score, brett favre

I want to settle down into a semi-comatose postseason nap, you know, a really good one, like the kind you take after you've feasted on a World Series Championship, but I can't start snoozing in front of the TV until I know whether or not the Sox are going to re-sign Mike Lowell. Can't we just rip the bandaid off already? At this point I'd rather watch a continuous loop of footage of Tek batting with the bases loaded than try to follow the non-new news cycle of the Mike Lowell negotiations. I mean, if the Red Sox don't re-sign Mike Lowell, I promise that I will move on and eventually be cool about it. Even though I'll probably have to have his time with Boston erased from my memory Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind style.

On the bright side, Dustin Pedroia will win Rookie of the Year in a couple hours or I will know the reason why. Just be careful, Dusty, and hoist your award with your not-currently-broken hand.

A couple football-related notes:

1. Bedridden, still unable to shake the cold I picked up during all those playoff late nights, and with the Patriots cruelly on a bye week, I decided to watch the Cowboys/Giants game. Picking which side to root for was an interesting prisoner's dilemma: could I bring myself to root for the franchise that taught me what hate means when I was a child or could I root for a Manning face? Ultimately, I decided to root for an asteroid.

Anyway, I flipped on the television around 4 o'clock and that's when I heard it. The nonsense analogies. The undeserved ball-washing. The misinformation. The voice that makes my ears hemorrhage. JOE BUCK. I was like a Vietnam vet having a PTSD flashback. It wasn't pretty. I think just hearing Joe Buck's voice actually set my recovery back two or three days, which confirms what I already suspected: Joe Buck gave me this cold.

2. Later, Katie and I watched various parts of the Colts/Chargers game together over the phone. Late in the fourth quarter:

Katie: What sucks is that when the Colts come back to win this game, everyone's going to forget that Peyton was awful and threw five interceptions.
Kelly: Not me. I won't forget. We're going to celebrate this day every year as Peyton Manning Five Interception Day. Whatever day of November this is will forever be known as --
Katie: It's November 11th. It's Veteran's Day.
Kelly: Perfect. It's even already a holiday.

But, of course, that's not how it ended, was it? HAPPY PEYTON MANNING SIX INTERCEPTION DAY (OBSERVED) EVERYBODY!

13 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

There is no escaping Joe Buck. Apparently he knows absolutely nothing about more than one sport. Notice, though, that when there's a camera nearby, he can't stand if it's not on him.

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger lucky number 33 said...

I don't really like football, I certainly don't know very much about football, and I have watched a grand total of, like, three games in the last two years. And even I revel in the failures of Peyton Manning.

Team Eli!

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Texy said...

Agreed, dawn- it seems that rather than learning a whole bunch about one sport, and really perfecting his announcing for that sport, Joe would rather learn a little tiny bit about a lot of sports... and really suck at announcing for all of them.

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger always thinking about papelbon said...

No, no, no Team Eli! (Especially since Eli is a whiny, draft day trade demanding little bitch.) This is an all-Manning-hating-all-the-time blog, My wise co-author once said, "I wouldn't go back in time and kill Hitler. But I would go back in time and kill Archie Manning."

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

Joe has no interest in learning a sport well enough to be an announcer. He simply has a love affair with the camera. And his own voice.

All Mannings are evil.

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Samer said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Samer said...

http://www.manningface.com

'Nuff said.

 
At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really?

 
At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent!
---------------------------------------------------------
Signature:buy levitra professional online gpn

 
At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How long are you here for?
---------------------------------------------------------
Signature:lipitor 10mg nfdqz
lexapro without prescription eacqs

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

chaussure louboutin, sac michael kors, ralph lauren, mulberry, michael kors canada, tn pas cher, michael kors uk, lacoste pas cher, nike trainers, hollister, longchamp, sac vanessa bruno, new balance pas cher, vans pas cher, sac louis vuitton, nike free, converse pas cher, louis vuitton, north face pas cher, ray ban uk, nike air force, burberry pas cher, hollister, nike roshe, oakley pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, louis vuitton uk, guess pas cher, nike huarache, hollister, scarpe hogan, timberland, ray ban pas cher, mac cosmetics, louis vuitton pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher, nike blazer pas cher, nike roshe run, north face, roshe run, longchamp pas cher, vans outlet, air max, barbour, lululemon, longchamp, nike air max, hermes pas cher

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

north face outlet, nfl jerseys, marc jacobs outlet, abercrombie and fitch, soccer shoes, ghd, ferragamo shoes, canada goose outlet, canada goose outlet, chi flat iron, jimmy choo shoes, insanity workout, ugg, valentino shoes, canada goose pas cher, uggs on sale, north face jackets, herve leger, moncler, reebok shoes, asics shoes, baseball bats, ugg soldes, moncler, rolex watches, canada goose uk, moncler, mcm handbags, uggs outlet, birkin bag, babyliss pro, iphone 6 case, new balance outlet, celine handbags, lululemon outlet, wedding dresses, soccer jerseys, p90x workout, canada goose outlet, ugg boots, giuseppe zanotti, instyler ionic styler, beats headphones, canada goose, moncler outlet, mont blanc pens, bottega veneta, nike air max, ugg outlet, hollister clothing

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger lamiss ibrahim said...

I definitely love this site.
http://prokr.emyspot.com/
http://prokr.activeboard.com/
http://www.freewebsite-service.com/prokr/prokr+services.php
https://www.prokr.net/ksa/jeddah-water-leaks-detection-isolate-companies/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home