Friday, November 02, 2007

then why was it all so good?

1. I mentioned before that I was now openly rooting for C.C. Sabathia to win the Cy Young aware so that he would sheepishly mail it to Josh Beckett along with his manhood, but now that Josh Beckett is a 2007 World Series Champion, I am openly and actively rooting for C.C. Sabathia to win the Cy Young award, if only because some poor reporter would be sent to locate Beckett on his ranch in Texas and ask him whether or not he thinks he got shafted, and Beckett would interrupt himself from Beckett Boot Camp [TM] (picture Jon Lester and Clay Buccholtz in the background of the interview, being made to run laps with Dustin Pedroia and Manny Ramirez strapped to their backs), and say, "I don't get paid to win those fucking popularity contests," in a tone of voice that would peel paint. And then he'd thoughtfully rub the finger that's reserved for his second World Series ring (hopefully it's the middle one) while the reporter pissed himself.

2. In my mind, there will always be nine players from the 2004 roster who went on to appear in the 2007 World Series: Jason Varitek, Doug Mirabelli, Mike Timlin, Curt Schilling, Tim Wakefield, Manny Ramirez, David Ortiz, Kevin Youkilis and House, MD. (YOU'RE RISKING A PATIENT'S LIFE!)

3. The ulcer I had named after the Red Sox team batting average with RISP is being filled nicely with anxiousness about Sunday's Pats/Colts game. It doesn't help that I hate Tony Dungy more than anyone in sports, even narrowly more than Lance Armstrong (Yeah, I hate Tony Dungy and Lance Armstrong, and I actively boycott the Red Cross. I'm a lot of fun at cocktail parties).

4. A couple nights ago, I found seven innings worth of an aborted liveblog of a 7-4 loss to Seattle on August 3. Reading over three pages of incoherent ranting about bad base running, runners stranded in scoring position, Manny grounding into too many double plays, runners stranded in scoring position, Lester getting into too many bases loaded/nobody out jams, runners stranded in scoring position, the 428th reappearance of Bad Zombie Mike Timlin, runners stranded in scoring position oh my god, etcetera, all I can do is laugh. On the day that game was played, they had the best record in baseball and a seven-game lead over the Yankees. And three months later, they won the World Series. But, that's what makes it all so magical and misery-making: nobody knows how it's going to end. And now this season has ended in the best way possible and I almost wish I could watch Manny ground into another double play or something right now.

5. After the QVC appearance, I can't wait to see where Papelbon will be coaxed into doing the Irish jig next. The White House? Cooperstown, circa 2025?

11 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Blogger k said...

Hey, I hate Tony Dungy a lot, too! I bet we hate him for the same reasons.

And I don't think Mother Teresa was a saint and I hate the Make A Wish foundation, so you know, You Are Not Alone.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Beth said...

papelbon jigging at the white house would be the greatest day in the history of our nation.

 
At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha. I already knew I loved reading your blog, but you've really out done yourself in the awesomeness department. Anyone who can openly hate on Lance Armstrong and Tony Dunjy is my hero for life! ;)

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Katiee said...

I'm totally with beth on that one the whitehouse needs some Papelbon

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree too with Beth about Paps jigging at the White House. And if he brings Beckett with him, I'm not so sure that Joshie can say No to a fellow Texan, El Presidente.
Then we can all finally get what we want most - the dueling divas dancing!

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Wade said...

I don't know about Paps at the White House. I have a bad feeling he would do something that would force the Secret Service to put him down.

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Katiee said...

I don't remember what i was watching Red Sox this week maybe? but Papelbon said he thought him and George W. would get along lol

 
At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend and I were recently talking about the prevalence of technology in our day to day lives. Reading this post makes me think back to that debate we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as memory gets cheaper, the possibility of copying our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I dream about almost every day.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://will-the-r4-r4i-work.wetpaint.com/]R4[/url] DS Qezv2)

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Michael Kors Outlet Locations
michael kors hamilton
jordan 11
jordan shoes
kobe shoes
Nike Basketball Shoes
nike outlet
nike air max 90
nike free 3.0
nike store
christian louboutin online
louboutin outlet
mbt shoes online
mbt Shoes
fitflops clearance
fitflop.com
Nike Air Huarache
Kobe Shoes
christian louboutin shoes
christian louboutin store
jordans shoes
jordan 11 legend blue
Jordan 11 Concord
Jordan Retro 8 Concord
coach store
coach sale
kate spade new york
kate spade bags
michael kors outlet
2015 michael kors outlet
michael kors bag
Cheap Michael Kors

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Buy mbt shoes online
mbt shoes outlet
fitflop shoes
fitflop.com
Kobe 9 Elite
Nike Kobe 9
christian louboutin
christian louboutin shoes
Air Jordan 11 Retro 72 10
jordans for sale
jordans 2015
Jordan Retro 8 Concord
coach store
coach outlet store online
kate spade new york
kate spade handbags
Michael Kors Online Outlet
michael kors purses
Cheap Michael Kors
michael kors selma
michael kors wallets
michael kors tote
michael kors Chicago Premium Outlets
michael kors factory
michael kors sale
Michael Kors Outlet Locations
air jordan
jordan retro 13
lebron 12
kobe 9
nike air max
cheap nike air max
nike free flyknit

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger yanmaneee said...

jordan 6
jordan shoes
nike sb dunks
supreme hoodie
jordan 13
pandora jewelry official site
golden goose outlet
pandora
nike shox for men
supreme clothing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home