Monday, November 19, 2007

picture a banner. on a boat. papelbon's holding the banner. in his underpants.



MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Kelly: I'm really surprised the Mike Lowell deal got done.

Katie: I'm not. I was completely confident it was going to get done the whole time.

Kelly: Really? Why didn't you tell me that?
Katie: Um. Because you wouldn't have believed me, and you always expect the worst, and you only believe information is true if it's completely negative in every way?

Kelly: Right.


Anyway, loyal members of the fellowship formerly known as
NDRaPRSFftEMRSoML, congratulations to us all. I'm sure that all of our constant fretting, threatening to pay for the proposed fourth year with our own nickels, and frantic re-freshing of the Extra Bases blog made all the difference. But now it's very important that we all join a new club:

NHCaPRSFWPNtBiMH218i2010!


It stands for: Normally Hyperbolic, Critical and Pessimistic Red Sox Fans Who Promise Not to Boo if Mike Lowell Hits .218 in 2010.

5 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Blogger Liza said...

I don't care if he hits .218 NEXT year. He's going to rock the '07 ring in Boston, and probably help make some more bling come to New England within the next three years...

But I digress. WOOT!

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

I'm totally in. :) I think we need t-shirts.

 
At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy he chose to stay in Boston. Why would anyone want to leave a winning team?
Love the papel-blog. I have been watching the Sox since I was born. My dad was a sports reporter so I practically grew up at the games. Papelbon is one of the best closers I have ever seen.

 
At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, I'm totally dying, got the flu, etc. And now I suddenly feel better! So, can we put Lowell up for sainthood as well???

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

The relief is palpable, I swear. He could stand at third base doing anything and I would not care because he would still be pretty to look at. Except for Julio Lugo impressions; that would not be tolerated. But that's about the only thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home