Wednesday, May 30, 2007

a lapdance to a dmb song is in order

WLERAIPHERHRBBSO
5/29802.657.0032017I mean, you never know, maybe you're dreaming

Oh, Josh. That was just DELIGHTFUL. From where we were sitting (non-obstructed unless you count the steel post. Fenway of my HEART, yo), I couldn't see the batter, so I was forced to truly focus on Beckett-- he looked super-confident and did not appear to be having any finger issues at all. One criticism, though: I'm bored with the post-game interview wardrobe. I've seen the grey thermal shirt, hemp necklace treasure trove, sunglasses combo a few too many times now. I mean, it looks great and all, but I'm sure you have some other options. Isn't it all about impressing the ladies?


The other star of the game, Youk, becomes the second Red Sox player to have a blog: http://kevinyoukilis.mlblogs.com/kevinyoukilis/. It's probably hypocritical for me to be excited about this given the sheer loathing I express for the notion of Curt Schilling's blog, but I never said I was reasonable. Besides, maybe if I say enough rude things about 38pitches.com, he'll show up and berate me-- that would be fun for everyone.

A few Youk stats, from various parts of boston.com:
His hitting streak is at 21 games and he's on a 9-game multiple-hit streak.

In the last 15 years, only two big leaguers have had longer streaks of multiple-hit games: Bernie Williams of the Yankees (2002) and Chuck Knoblauch of the Twins (1996) had 10 such games

In those last 9 games, he's batting .475 (19 for 40).

He's batting .513 (20 for 39) in the first inning, with three doubles and a home run.

And he's still rocking that wacky goatee thing. AMAZING.

*

An enjoyable, if more-of-the-same piece on the brothers Papelbon in the Hartford Courant
here.

*

When discussing implications that he's not playing because of the lead rather than any injury, Papi said, ""I don't like no days off," per Christopher at the
Extra Bases blog. Which is amusing. But what I really don't understand is why there are such implications in the first place-- he's not Manny. If they were giving him an off-day, I think everyone would be okay with that and they'd just say so. I mean, JD Drew gets an off day every time he gets so much as stubs his toe. Clearly, Boston just needs the drama for drama's sake even if there's none to be found.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

Dude, he's Papi. If he wants fifteen virgins wearing Swiss cheese bikinis feeding him gold-plated maraschino cherries, who are we to argue?

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Beth said...

^^seriously, bring papi the vestal virgins.

also, maybe josh's repetitive press conference / clubhouse fashion statement can be chalked up to superstition?

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Wade said...

"I mean, JD Drew gets an off day every time he gets so much as stubs his toe."

I prefer double negatives to multiple verbs.

 
At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I notice you never point out kelly's typos. Just because you're a professional or something...

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger Wade said...

Not here to point out typos, just ironical references to poor English.

 
At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home