some people just don't like to separate their toesWe watched the game on Wednesday in an effort to make our days better. Wow. That plan went way off course. Thanks, Schill! When the score hit 6-0, kelly said "we may as well talk about the Celtics." Which was just mean, because unless the next sentence is "Isn't it awesome how they fired their sorry excuse for a coach?" I'm not exactly interested in talking about the Celtics these days.
We actually bailed early and went to discuss important issues over ice cream. And by important issues, I mean kelly said "What would you trade Wily Mo for?" Results of this discussion summarized below.
- Top 5 Suitable Replacements for Wily Mo Pena as Our Fourth Outfielder
- An Easter basket we put out in right field. Would probably catch more fly balls, just on the basis of probability.
- Another one of those cute ball girls. Again, would probably be better on the relay.
- Some sort of robot that's programmed to just swing at everything. Like a pitching machine, but with a bat, you know?
- Coco is always taking weird routes to the ball anyway, maybe he could just play both positions.
- Matt Clement. I'm not saying he'd be any good at all (is actively scared of a ball in motion, whereas WMP just seems to be allergic to it) but at least he'd be earning his keep for a change, right?
So, did you know that Tavarez calls Papelbon "Gasolina"? Because I did NOT and while I didn't realize it at the time, my life was clearly empty without this knowledge.
"We call him 'Gasolina,'" said Sox starter Julian Tavarez. "This guy goes six, seven days without pitching and then he goes out there and throws 95, 96 without walking anybody. No panic with Pap. Once the game gets to the ninth inning, it's over. That's how we see it with Jonathan." (from here)
And now we can all feel more complete as we start our long weekends.