Saturday, June 02, 2007

also, my parents have high-def, nice!

1. I think I'm going to start voting for Scott Proctor on the All Star Ballot. I love him. He's, like, my favorite player.

2. Too bad about the end of Youk's hitting streak, especially since that at-bat in the eighth was a bit of a gift. The bright spot is, I guess, that the streak ended mostly due to his patience (three walks). Maybe he'll blog about it.

3. I'm in California, as it is time once again for my now-annual trip to see my family around the same time the Sox come out to play the As. I'll be at Wednesday night's game with my folks and the Thursday afternoon game with my best friend from high school, doing my best to make the case for the universal home field advantage rule.

4. A veteran of the cross-country Jet Blue flight, I mostly like to get drunk and watch Iron Chef marathons, but last night I made the mistake of trying to monitor the game via the ESPN news ticker. Mistake! All the agony of watching the score creep from 3-3 to 9-3 over the course of one inning and none of the joy of seeing the bench-clearing ... stand around and do nothing. I saw a brief clip that showed that the bullpens ran in to stand around and be part of the ice cream social, and I can only imagine that we barely missed Papelbon shooting down Yankees like ducks, Okie throwing punches with his eyes planted on the ground, Brendan Donnelly daring people to hit a guy with glasses, etcetera. Clearly, the only reason the bullpen didn't notch three or four kills last night was that Mike Timlin is still in Pawtucket.

5. The Fox coverage this afternoon was actually pretty free of McCarverisms and other assorted crimes of broadcast journalism (although Pedroia was referred to as both gutsy and gritty during his first at-bat, which I imagine sent to the kids at Fire Joe Morgan into fits), but I really feel like they dropped the ball in the eighth by not pointing out that the crowd appeared to be chanting "Whe-ere's Rog-ah?" at a fairly deafening level. Remdawg and Don-O would have been on that.

4 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger Wade said...

Gritty and gutsy? I woulda gone with prepubescent and wee.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger always thinking about papelbon said...

hey, he was a pop warner football all-american in 2006!

 
At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day

We do not agree with this year BRIT awards 2010 decision.

Please attend our little poll

http://micropoll.com/t/KDqOnZBCWt

Lady Gaga can not be better than heavy metal

Poll supported by BRIT awards 2010 sponsor femmestyle
[url=http://www.femmestyle.ch/earcorrection.html]ohrenkorrektur[/url]

BRITs.co.uk - tickets left standing!! This Competition is now closed
OK

 
At 2:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

cheap nike air max
nike air max 2016
nike free run
nike free 3.0
Red Bottom Shoes For Women
christian louboutin boots
mbt usa
mbt Shoes
fitflop.com
fitflops sandals
All Balck Huarache
Nike Air Huarache
christian louboutin sale
christian louboutin outlet
cheap jordans for sale
Air Jordan 11 Retro 72 10
jordans 2016
jordans 2015
coach store
coach outlet online coach factory outlet
kate spade outlet
kate spade wallet
michael kors purses
2015 michael kors outlet
michael kors jewelry
Cheap Michael Kors
michael kors sale
michael kors handbags on sale
michael kors outlets
michael kors Premium Outlets
michael kors tote

 

Post a Comment

<< Home