Monday, April 09, 2007

you may have heard, ice water in his veins?

I'm not here! I'm totally in Canada! And even though I hate Joe Morgan with the burning fire of a thousand suns, I was willing to trade the bleeding ears for being able to watch last night's game on ESPN. I just wanted to say -- of all the things that were written about last night's five-out save, my favorites are coming out of the comments on Rob Bradford's This just in ... Papelbon is good post.

There was a great shot of Michael Young on the dugout steps, reacting to the sight of Papelbon coming out of the 'pen, in which Young's expression said it all. It was like Chief Brody's reaction when the shark pops up behind the boat in "Jaws": "We're gonna need a bigger boat."

Couldn't have said it better myself.

5 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Blogger Both Teams Played Hard said...

Must Love Papelbon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92yHyxeju1U

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger always thinking about papelbon said...

i am praying that papelbon's next hair experiment resembles a shark fin.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Mike said...

The shark fin is an excellent idea. Allow me to join you in prayer...

*kneels before Papelbon bobblehead*

 
At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please tell me you saw this, wherein Paps says that a club sandwich would make him happy.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Both Teams Played Hard said...

Is that the duck club? Where can I join?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home