Wednesday, April 11, 2007

that's the only dmb song i ever listened to of my own volition


WLERAIPHERHRBBSO
4/10201.507.0021008Celebrate we will / Because life is short but sweet for certain

Oh, Beckett! And okay, sure, the Mariners have pretty much been sitting in a hotel room in Cleveland waiting for the snow to stop (which based on the oh-so-depressing weather report is exactly what they may find themselves doing again tomorrow). And the offense more than did its part. And you know, home opener so it's extra-special, but still. Beckett! That was a beautiful performance. 15 batters in a row! I hope he went out and scored with multiple skanky college girls while listening to all DMB's greatest hits!

Unrelated to anything awesome, but something I've been meaning to discuss: I missed the beginning of last Saturday's loss to Texas (I was making cupcakes, a very important task), so I was completely shocked on Sunday when I flipped past NESN's re-air to see the AMAZINGLY CONFUSING songvid of Tavarez clips set to "Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel." I mean, I'm weirdly into the Julian Tavarez-as-starter era (he's really funny out there and he fields the ball like crazy, which is something I enjoy watching a pitcher do), but really? An "angel"? Julian Tavarez looks like something out of a Stephen King novel, that is an indisputable fact and I don't actually believe in angels, but I'm pretty sure the popular iconography would support my claim that they do not look like Tavarez.

Other than that, it's time for the Dice-K Show (now with English subtitles!) and I think a few people might be excited about that.


Labels:

5 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Blogger Anne said...

I was alone in my house, cracking the hell up to the Julian Tavarez/Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel montage. That might be one of the funniest, most surreal things I've ever seen on NESN. Someone was smoking SOMETHING when they came up with that idea!!

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger always thinking about papelbon said...

sometimes i think everyone at NESN is batshit insane. the rest of the time i KNOW everyone at NESN is batshit insane.

additionally, re: Dice-K show, god dammit, after all that, the game that this fox sports net affiliate is showing is a BLUE JAYS GAME. who cares about the blue jays? do canadians even care about the blue jays? i think not. anyway, have the baby wail mournfully for me or something.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Both Teams Played Hard said...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Beckett was listening to date-rape concerto extraordinaire John Mayer during his college co-ed rodeo romp after that start.

 
At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne, seriously, I wonder sometimes what kind of drugs they put in the water at NESN because that was just INSANE.

keldawg, you know who cares about the blue jays? Hazel Mae! Also, it's probably part of that 60% Canadian programming law they have up there in their godless North. The baby def. wailed mournfully let me tell you what.

Jared, you may be right, I'll have to grant that John Mayer is a possibility.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger always thinking about papelbon said...

jared --

john mayer's music makes me want to surgically remove my eardrums as much as anybody, but i think even his lyrics would provide better pick-up lines than the ones beckett apparently has at his blistered fingertips.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home